Cajun Pasta With Chicken

>> Monday, March 26, 2012

I saw this recipe on Prevention RD's site and knew I had to try it. I have never had much Cajun food, but I had jambalaya a few weeks ago and loved it.

I love cream sauces but they are often too rich for me, unfortunately--or maybe that's a good thing because they are not exactly good for you.  Anyway, this recipe is a lower calorie and fat version and uses half and half instead of heavy cream.  It was very easy to make(even though I overcooked some of the chicken), and the only modification I made was to use regular pasta because I don't love whole wheat pasta. I am getting there, I think, but I find it to be overpowering at times. I took lots of pictures, but unfortunately, if I show you the pictures, you will not want to try this. I don't know why,  but my pasta just is not as pretty as Prevention RD's. I even tried photographing the leftovers in natural daylight, but it still one un-photogenic dish.

I am wondering how this would taste with shrimp? That might be a nice modification.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP